A radio interview with
Chris Poehlmann & Peter Baye
on Fred Adlers' "Coastal Interviews"
The Tide, KTDE 100.5 FM, Gualala
Friends of the Gualala River representatives Chris Poehlmann (VP) and Peter Baye are Fred Adler's guests on the "Coastal Interviews."
The discussion concerns the 1,700 acre plus vineyard conversion project proposal, the largest conversion of coastal forestland to vineyards ever proposed in California, located in the heart of the undeveloped Gualala River watershed around Annapolis. It would transform the rugged and remote landscape of northwestern Sonoma County, and have profound eclogoic impact.
Topics covered include: water supply and quality for Gualala and The Sea Ranch, emergency and normal pesticide use, wildlife impacts, CalPERS public funding, developer promises on "organic," domestic-only well pumping even during droughts, climate change and feasibility ...even non-native bullfrog invasions.
- Mega-vineyard begins quest for permits
- Preservation Ranch - summary
- Preservation Ranch - scoping issues
- Vineyard development is a real threat - Craig Bell
- Worse than a Clearcut - Sierra Club
- Timber Vs. Grapes - Press Democrat
- CalPERS vineyard venture attacked - SacBee
- Disregard for environmental regulations - AVA
- Leaving something behind doesn't mitigate environmental harm - attorney Paul Carroll
- Sierra Club, Redwood Chapter, Sonoma Group
- Preservation Ranch info on Sonoma County website
- Notice of Preparation of Draft EIR
- Initial Study of the Preservation Ranch Project
- "Preservation" Ranch website
River Facts | Forestry | Vineyards | Water Export